If you are looking for a loft or condo in the city, I really recommend looking at Wallstreet Towers. Yes, this is the building where I have a new listing for sale, but I swear it is my absolute favorite condo development downtown and here is why:
- The Architecture of the building – this is a modern glass, steel and concrete building that makes for very contemporary living spaces with walls of windows, outstanding views and high ceilings.
- The Rooftop Pool & Deck – the rooftop pool opened this year, and it is reason enough to buy a condo here. It is located on the sunny roof of the adjacent parking garage which is an 11 story garage. It is like swimming in the sky. The pool itself is very large and modern with two sections – one being an infinity style pool. Also, there are plenty of lounge chairs and deck area surrounding for laying out in the sun. You can also find Grills for BBQing and an awesome putting green for the golf lovers.
- Location – You are on the best street downtown. Walnut Street has less traffic than other streets such as Grand, Main or Broadway, and it has plenty of street and garage parking. Also, Walnut is the street that runs straight down into The City Market, so you can walk down there year round for the weekly Farmer’s Market. Walnut also runs through the Power and Light District so you can walk to the bars, restaurants, or the Sprint Center.
- Pet Policy – I have a boxer dog named Chester who is the love of my life, so the fact that this is a very pet friendly building is a huge benefit. There is a convenient city park next door where people take their puppies to potty. The condo is spacious enough that I think Chester would be very comfortable living here. Also, it is a short walk to the Riverfront Heritage Trail which my very active puppy would love.
- Party Spaces – There are FOUR places in the building where you can host a party. First, your condo. The one I have listed has huge open spaces which the sellers claim have been great for parties. You have an open living/dining/kitchen area, with a guest half-bath nearby. Second, the Party Room on the 4th Floor of the building. Here you will find a big party room with a pool table, an outdoor deck (great for smokers) and a kitchen to make catering or food prep easy. Third, the rooftop pool and patio. You could host a legendary poolside rooftop party for all your friends, and even BBQ for them. Fourth, the theater room. Have all your pals over to watch a KU Basketball game!