The Brookside St. Patrick’s Day “Warm-Up” Parade, held on the Saturday before St. Patrick’s Day, is one of our favorite neighborhood traditions. The Brookside version of a St. Patrick’s Day parade is a quaint, family-friendly version of the much larger Kansas City St. Patrick’s Day Parade. I enjoy the smaller Brookside parade because it has all the spirit of the larger Kansas City parade, but without related inconveniences that tend to come with the larger event. Visit the Brookside Business Association website for all the details on this year’s parade.
We suggest that you arrive a bit early to stake out your spot. Crowds begin to descend upon Brookside about an hour or so before the parade begins, vying for the best vantage points along the parade route.
- Starts at 65th Street & Wornall Road
- North on Wornall Road to 63rd Street
- East on 63rd Street to Main Street
- South on Main Street to Meyer Boulevard
- West on Meyer Boulevard to Brookside Plaza