- Beautiful weather: Breezy, 70’s and sunny!
- Tailgating: Who doesn’t love bbq and a few cold ones in the sunshine?
- The new outfield concessions and bleachers: This area has that joyful Wrigley field vibe. I love it.
- Zack Greinke’s pitching: Greinke threw well, but it got ugly after he left the game.
- The National Anthem: I was a little worried when I saw that an American Idol singer was going to sing the national anthem, but David Cook actually did a fabulous job. He gave a very traditional delivery and he has a very pleasant voice.
- The flyover: Those jet planes really get the crowd pumped!
- Overeaters: Do you ever feel like some people just go to baseball games so they can pig out?
- Trash: Because of the extreme amount of food consumption and high winds, food wrappers were constantly floating onto the field. The players and umps kept chasing them down. Eww.
- Video Boards: I think that the JumboTron combined with the video boards that wrap around the stadium are overkill. I feel like I am in one of those movies where they go to the future and everything is way too electronic and artificial. It just seems so distracting and tacky to me.
- Uniforms: The powder blues were nice, but they would have looked so much better if the pants were also powder blue instead of white. It just doesn’t look as sharp and neither do the guys that wear their pants too big; they look like they are wearing pajamas. Oh, and one more thing… They would all look better wearing their socks up (the way it is supposed to be).
- Ads: Every single square inch of real estate inside the stadium is covered in an advertisement. I am ok with advertisting and marketing, but my goodness it is overwhelming! They have made one of the prettiest stadiums in national baseball ugly and cluttered. I am surprised they didn’t sell ads on the toilet seats!