Pick of the Week – Vintage Brick Three-Story Historic Home in Brookside
This home has been in the same family for over 60 years and it shows. VIEW LISTING AND PHOTOS. You will find that the family preserved many of the original details common to a home of this vintage (it was built in 1910), but the family also completed several design projects during their ownership adding such things as wood paneling over a plaster wall in the living room and wall-to-wall carpet, both of which are probably decades old now. I have had the opportunity to visit this home a few times, and it is just sitting there quietly waiting for a new family to spend the next 60 years there.
Looking beyond the window A/C units, carpet and personal decor choices, you will see that this home is magnificent. These are some of my favorite features:
- Brick exterior.
- Three-stories tall.
- Charming original fixtures and details at every turn such as wall sconces in the living room.
- High ceilings
- Hardwood flooring underneath the carpet.
- Large front porch.
- Large corner lot. The home actually sits on two lots.
- Double decker porches. Downstairs is a side porch (currently enclosed but could be reverted back easily), upstairs is an original screened-in sleeping porch.
- Spacious and welcoming foyer.
I would love to have enough resources to buy this home and restore some of the original details while modernizing others such as plumbing, kitchen and baths, but I have no need for a bigger house right now. Do you? As always, contact me if I can help you with anything real estate related. This is not my listing, but I can show you any home listed with any company in the metro area.
This home is listed with Lauren Hruby, Prudential Kansas City Realty.
I added this to my favorites. I want to come back later when i finish work and have another read.