In the interest of full disclosure, I have a condo for sale in this building right now; however, I honestly believe that the Sulgrave is the best place to live on the Plaza.
Here are seven reasons why:
- Amenities: It has the most amenities on the Plaza – it’s like living in a country club. Amenities include outdoor pool, large outdoor patio/terrace, outdoor hottub spa, putting green, billiard area, movie theater, reservable chef’s kitchen, ballroom event space, business center, conference rooms, massage rooms, large fully equipped fitness center, yoga studio, men and women’s locker rooms with sauna and steam room, 24-hour front door staff.
- Views: The building is situated higher up the hill from the Plaza on the south side, so you have excellent views in all directions.
- Location: Walk everywhere! Within minutes of the Plaza shops and restaurants and bars, post office, museums, library, public transportation, pharmacy, bakery, hospital, Loose Park, and walking trails.
- Established Home Owner Association: Take peace of mind in the fact that there is an active, responsible home owner association advocating for your needs.
- Lending Available: A high percentage of owner occupants means that you can get a loan on this condo. It sounds odd, but this is a huge deterrent for many new condo projects! Lenders want to know that they are lending on a stable, established condominium development, and the Sulgrave fits that criteria.
- Financial Stability: They have reserve funds for capital improvement projects (like big exterior repairs). For example, if the roof needs replacing, they have the funds to cover it.
- Secure, Covered Parking Garage and Storage: There is an attached parking garage on the lower levels of the building. Each unit also has a big storage locker on the garage level.
My particular listing is a two bedroom, two bathroom condo with an open living/kitchen area that is about 1175 square feet large. The kitchen and baths have both been renovated in a tasteful, modern approach. The colors are gentle throughout, with plush carpet in the bedrooms and hardwoods in the living area. There is a large balcony which overlooks the garden terrace and has north views to the plaza. It is on the second floor, but it actually sits much higher up that that because of the parking garage levels below – plus it is on a hill. The view is really fabulous! The price tag is $362,000, which is a competitive price for this building. It comes with one covered, secure parking space and a storage space.