Dream Home for Christmas
Top 5 Neighborhoods in Kansas City central area. In no particular order.
- Roanoke (I’d buy a big old stone or brick beauty. i love this neighborhood because of the architectural beauty and the proximity to 39th Street shops and restaurants)
- Westside (where I will build my modern masterpiece to the likes of that in the Dwell magazine issue or what my friends at Framework Design are building at 17th and Jefferson)
- Coleman Highlands (some gorgeous homes, great central location and a wonderful traditional neighborhood feel – for some reason right now it reminds me of the hood in a Christmas Story.)
- Brookside (I already live here and it is a swell place to dwell, but I could handle an upgrade on my lil house. It’s fine but not great for entertaining especially in the colder months because we can’t spill out onto the screened porch.)
- Sunset Hill (Modern meets traditional in the hills behind the Plaza. Also close to Loose Park and that is my doggie’s favorite park.)
Honorable mention in KC goes to: 1. Briarcliff – I’d love to live on the cliff overlooking our downtown skyline. Check out the view from this house. 2. Waldo – everybody loves the quirky charm of waldo from its honorary mayor to all the crazy dive bars along Wornall Road.