5 Reasons Why Nobody wants Wood Laminate Flooring in Brookside (or Beyond)
Wood laminate flooring (manufactured by Pergo, Dupont, Mannington, Armstrong) is less expensive and easier to install than real wood flooring, and, for these reasons it is becoming a popular option in flooring. However, as your realtor, I feel it is my duty to inform you of the drawbacks of wood laminate flooring, and encourage you to stick with the timeless design and high quality craftsmanship of real wood floors.
- It will disappointment buyers. When first seeing a photo or catching a glimpse of the flooring, buyers will be momentarily fooled, then ultimately disappointed to learn that what they are seeing is not real wood. This is especially true in older areas of town where hardwood floors are common and expected.
- It is uglier than wood. Can you honestly tell me that you like this better than real hardwoods?
- Buyers will think that you are cheap. It is obvious that you thought wood floors would look good, but took the cheaper route. This will lead buyers to wonder where else you cut corners. Buyers are fearful of buying homes they think might have hidden or latent problems from poor craftsmanship, inferior materials, or cheap, inexperienced installation.
- It is loud. Your footsteps are much louder than on real wood.
- It looks dirty and dents easier. Wood laminate shows and reflects dirt, and almost always looks dirty. Even when it is freshly mopped, you can sometimes see your cleaning streaks in the sunlight. I have also seen high heels and dogs’ nails create dents in wood laminate, though brands may vary.
Yup I have wood laminate flooring (we rent) and wheeled a (not heavy) cart with casters across it — and put a groove all the way from one end of the house to another. Also found that it was ‘lumpy’ underneath our chair in the computer room from the casters on the chair. Real hardwood floors are expensive but worth every penny.
Yes, I forgot that they can be lumpy. Thanks for your comment. That’s a great 6th reason not to waste your money on wood laminate!