- Do find the right house. Do your homework. Work with a realtor and have them provide information about the area prices so that you can be sure you are making a wise financial decision.
- Do have a home inspection before you purchase. Know what you are getting yourself into.
- Do consult a realtor or a designer to make sure you are following the trends.
- Do fix up the exterior as well as the interior. Consider the landscaping and the curb appeal. You gotta get them in the door.
- Don’t buy a house with a problem you can’t solve. You can’t change the location of a property. You want to find a house that isn’t selling because of condition, not because of location. If the location stinks, it will still stink after you’ve sunk your dollars and sense into the project.
- Don’t use cheap materials
- Don’t just paint and tile and change out the light fixtures and expect a big return. Those days are loooooong gone.