I recently had to spruce up a listing to make it more updated and fresh for the spring market, and it was actually really fun. Here are some tips to help bring your house out of its winter hibernation.
- Change out your focal points: Cherry blossoms in a vase would look great on your spring mantle. (you can get inexpensive, but artful-looking fake branches at Michael’s)
- Seasonal or holiday decorations: Colored eggs in a large apothecary jar is a modern-looking Easter decoration.
- Spruce up your flower boxes: Pansies are hardy enough for our volatile spring weather and give your house some life and color.
- Clean the yard: Clean up the leaves and dead vegetation to make way for the new growth.
- Brighten up your living room: A fresh light colored throw or a slipcover might be just the thing.
- A new outlook: Move your artwork around – a change in scenery can be refreshing.
- Focus on your entry: Clean the cobwebs and dirt, and get a new welcome doormat. Winter is hard on our outdoor mats, so something fresh and new might be just the thing.
- Clean and decorate your porch, deck or patio: If you have a porch, clean off the furniture and get ready to hang out. Put out some candles or twinkle lights, and fill your planter with pansies. Those new outdoor rugs are nice, and outdoor curtains can look really cool and make a screened porch feel more soft and inviting.